10.29.2012

Calm Before the Storm

Happy Frankenstorm! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and that everyone is staying safe. I am still debating whether or not I want to go into work until 8pm tonight....

On Saturday, before the hurricane barreled into town and closed every workplace except my own, I had a fabulous time with my little sister who rode the bus down to DC from PA. It was a short visit, but we packed a full day of hiking, shopping, and attempting to marble our nails a la Pinterest.

The closest I got...

We started out the day hiking and enjoying the peak of the foliage at Burke Lake Park. 







And by hiking, I mean leisurely walking around the lake, stopping every two feet for photos/glamour shots, and waving spiderwebs out of our faces.

It's what we do best.

4 comments:

  1. I'm currently waiting for the hurricane to roll in. I'm glad you toughed out the storm.
    Penniless Socialite
    Enter to win a $50 Shabby Apple gift card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the marble nail polish before. It's pretty but looks difficult. I'm not sure if I want to attempt it or not! Hope you stayed safe during the storm!

    Lauren
    http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pics in the woods, Brenda! I hope you're staying safe in the storms! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda, I really love your hair in a turban-like headband. Glad you got to see your little sis..she's so cute. I can see you directing her in the photos...ok now look up at the leaves...hold it, hold it, snap, ok got it. Hahaha. I hate cobwebs in my face...happens all of the time. I carry a stick through the woods and wave it in front of me to break them up. Otherwise, I'd freak out. Have a great day! dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and I'll bake you cookies. Maybe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...