12.14.2012

Weather Woman

When I was a kid, another one of my dream careers (briefly) was to be a weather lady. Not because I was interested in science or how weather worked. I just wanted to look pretty and learn how to point to a green screen in swooping motions while reading the teleprompter. 

I would also like to point out that I was obsessed with the Weather Channel when I was a kid. OBSESSED. I was terrified of thunderstorms and would watch the weather incessantly to make sure there wasn't any bad weather coming our way. When there was--oh boy. Especially when that red bar would scroll across the screen accompanied by that God-awful beeping noise. Forget it. I was a mess. It got to the point where my parents actually had to block the Weather Channel from me. True story.

All this is to say my outfit yesterday made me feel like something, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. My first thought was kind of presidential, with the black dress and pearls. And then I thought maybe news reporter? But I figured it out when I got home--does this outfit make me look like a weather lady?


This great blazer was a lunchtime Goodwill find. It fits a little loose for my liking, so that means I wanted to pair it with a slightly more form-fitting dress underneath. 

Also--I LOVE that our new deck --or excuse me, private blog photo taking area -- catches a peek of the morning sun. It really adds to the weather lady theme, right?



8 comments:

  1. Haha, you get to live out your childhood dream today in this outfit!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Earrings Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photo taking area. Very weather lady like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I was just going to say you look quite'presidential'!
    Omg...i went through the same thing as a kid when bad weather came. We lived in Arkansas aka tornado alley back then (of all places)so you would think I'd have gotten used to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Sounds like you at least had a good reason to be scared. We lived in Central PA where there was literally never a tornado a day in my life. I was just crazy.

      Delete
  4. that is the funniest story...block the weather channel, i love it! you do look very weather lady-like. i love this look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute thrifted blazer! Definitely weather lady-esque, in a very good way :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this elegant look on you, you look gorgeous in these photos. How perfect with the sun shining through. I can def. see you as the weather lady, never too late. I would tune in everyday. dawn suitcase vignettes xo Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that blazer, you look so chic!

    xo Ashley
    http://www.ashnfashn.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and I'll bake you cookies. Maybe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...