5.03.2012

Flower Power

After yesterday's smoothie stomach debacle (or as I like to refer to it, the Great Kale Fail) I was not sad when the day was over and it was time to sleep the pain away. This morning, I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to conquer the world!

It wasn't quite as muggy and humid as it has been the past few days, but still warm enough for a skirt and short sleeves. I love wearing this black t shirt with my favorite black skirt because it gives me an empty canvas to jazz up any way I like with accessories and other accouterments. Today I decided to add a pop of color with this fabric flower and some red heels.


I might have been feeling a bit nostalgic when I wore this red flower today...any guesses where it also might have made an appearance?

Photo on the right is by Meagan Jepson Photography

I love finding little ways to incorporate the details from our wedding into our lives now...particularly my outfits. (I wrote a little post on that a little while back!) Except the pearl necklace I wore that day broke. Which is sad. 

Here's to pops of red and almost the weekend! Let's get Whipsy.

Yeah, this is real. My husband bought it for me. Are you jealous?

10 comments:

  1. haha...I can't believe it we came up with the same blog title on the same day! We both have floral inspirations! Nice red flower, I love how you incorporate your wedding accessories into your outfits. The red accents looks great on your black outfit. I like the red shoes too.

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a feeling you'd wake up feeling great and possibly with newfound super powers from all that kale! I love the idea of wearing stuff that reminds me of my wedding. On my anniversary, I wear a white summery dress, but that's about it. I'll have to play with that idea! Thanks!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great, very pretty and feminine - and so nice that you can recycle your wedding flower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit! You look so cute and retro!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of wearing items from your wedding in every day! I'm not sure I could get away with that though...all my jewelry was rhinestones. And where do I get this Whipsy?!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. That red flower is adorable and the perfect way to spice up your look! You look really lovely, I dig the red shoes!

    XO,
    Erin
    http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice touch! i love it :-)

    ~nic
    www.nics-picks.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing outfit! you look super adorable!
    Kisses
    Elena
    http://dcinstyle.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and I'll bake you cookies. Maybe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...