5.07.2012

Cinco de Wino

You know I never express how much I love living in Northern Virginia. Never ever. I never gush about how much there is to do here when I talk about fun weekends. 

So I will today.

Let me ask you this: can you really go wrong with a Saturday at a winery? You sure can't. I was invited with a group of new-ish friends to spend the afternoon at the Winery at La Grange in Haymarket, VA, a beautiful retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city. The winery sits atop of a sprawling hill overlooking the vineyards (and also some horses!). We started with a tasting inside the manor and then proceeded to camp out at a table on the patio for the rest of the afternoon with some peach/mango sangria and live music for Cinco de Mayo.


The day was humid as heck, but after a few glasses, who cares?

Renee, one of my lasting PSU friends!


Kristin (the photographer for the afternoon!), Renee, yours truly, and Amanda. Pretty ladies!

It was a great afternoon with great company and dee-licious beverages.

Even my hair held up with the crazy humidity. Which we all know makes any day fantastic.

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like an absolutely perfect Saturday. I love weekends like those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda,
    I love your blog! I'm a thrifting junkie too and I'm planning my wedding. The Winery at La Grange is fantastic. I live in PWC and have been there many times. In fact I think some of their wine is in my wine rack right now. I'd love to meet up sometime. I'm a CapFABB member too.

    Best,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new haircut is so adorable it looks great curly & strait! I want to go to a vineyard :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day and you looked so cute! That sangria sounds awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I LOVE ladies outings! I think I may need one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How FUN! Your hair continues to look awesome!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and I'll bake you cookies. Maybe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...