8.22.2012

50 Shades of Red

Several months ago, one of my best friends who now lives in Pittsburgh texted me to tell me that she found a red purse in her grandma's closet that she was going to give to me. I knew I loved it already--I mean, what is there not to love about 'red' and 'purse'?

I finally got to see this friend last weekend for her engagement party (CONGRATS COURT!) and she was finally able to pass the bag on to me! Naturally, I went and Googled it, because I love to know the story and value behind bags I thrift (or snag from random friend's family members). This is a Daisy Fuentes purse that you can find at your friendly neighborhood Kohls. I love the bright color not to mention this is probably the roomiest bag I own! It might look on the smaller side, but I felt like Mary Poppins when I was able to fit my hairbrush, a book, my wallet/keys/phone, and a can of soup for lunch. Stuff just, like, disappears inside this thing.


You may be thinking "Oh, there's that orange bauble-y necklace--again. Does she wear any other accessory?"  Because I wear this necklace every day (or so it seems) I was a little hesistant to pair the orange accessory with a red bag, a red striped shirt, and newly-dyed reddish hair. And red nails. 

OK, I actually wasn't hesitant at all.


 Somehow, it all worked and it was a perfect outfit for a cooler-than-usual August day where my bangs didn't stick to my forehead.

The shirt is an American Eagle top that I got from a store in Everett, PA called Addictive Apparel, a discount name-brand clothing store I discovered while I lived in Bedford for the summer. The skirt came from a thrifting adventure at Unique several months back and is one of my workplace wardrobe staples, mostly because I no longer fit into the skirts I bought at the peak of my wedding bod. However, along with my new job came a free employee gym in the building which I have yet to utilize, but it will happen...next week.

9 comments:

  1. Yay for a new purse! How sweet of your friend to give it to you :) I Love your necklace so I'd wear it all the time too!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter my 2 giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun purse...i love the braided/knotted detail of it! and i love your necklace, wear it as much as you want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had that necklace, I'd wear it every day. ;) Love the purse too -- super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, can't wait to see what you do next! Come check out my blog, maybe we can follow each other!
    Material Fixations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute purse! I've been on the hunt for a nice over-sized red bag. do you remember when Daisy Fuentes was on the that TV show with Joey from Full House? I think it was called America's Funniest People?? Anyway...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love scoring killer hand-me-downs! Looks like that new red bag (or red black hole) will serve you well. (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great purse! I love 'Mary Poppins' type bags ;) You look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, a fab red bag that was free! What a gift! You styled this outfit perfectly. I love all the red!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so great your friend gave you this bag! It looks great on you! I wish I had a gym at my work...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and I'll bake you cookies. Maybe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...