11.04.2011

I Have A Crush...

Yesterday, someone at work told me I reminded them of Zooey Deschanel.

Incidentally, it was one of the same girls who told me she didn't like my hair yesterday, which sparked a middle-school-drama-esque/hormones induced meltdown on the phone with my mom ("Mommy! She made fun of my hair!"). But I suppose the Zooey comment evens everything back out.

But for real. That's probably the best compliment I've ever received, even though I wouldn't say I agree. For one thing, my eyes are way too small.

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2009/stylewatch/blog/090302/zooey_deschanel_300x400.jpg

And my hair is certainly nowhere near as fabulous.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__clsqXM3CnA/TBp3tGvzW1I/AAAAAAAAA3E/PNRx0-uJuBA/s1600/z4.jpg

But fr'eal. I know I'm not the only one who has a girl crush. I know I'm not the only one who bought 500 Days of Summer on demand and watched it three times. In a row. And then raved to my boyfriend about how good it was and made him watch it with me again and want to break out into dance when I hear Hall and Oates on my ipod.

Or who blasts She and Him on my way to work in the morning and sings along like I'm bopping in a coffeehouse. 

Have you watched New Girl? It's not that good. Really, it's not. But somehow I always end up watching old episodes on Hulu that I missed because there's just something about Zooey that is so enticing. 

Eek, she's just so ADORABLE!

http://divergentmusings.com/2011/04/18/style-inspiration-zooey-deschanel/

She truly inspires me and the outfits I wear to work. Lots of polka dots, tights, and dresses. For instance, yesterday I was wearing a red polka dot skirt (that was once a Goodwill find for a Minnie Mouse costume) which I think might have sparked the comment. Let's just say I walked with a little extra bounce in my step every time I got up to get coffee!

Unfortunately, I can copy her outfits 'till the cows come home, but I will never, ever be able to pull off her perfect bangs. Sigh. I hate her like poison. 

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3JgeW5QYzbo/TkK7rIJmK6I/AAAAAAAAAko/tZoGjvxrbiE/s1600/new+girl+poster.JPG

In other news, Ian must have caught wind of my girl crush because he cooked me dinner last night.


Which is almost as good as perfect bangs. Right?

3 comments:

  1. I know this wasnt really the focus of the blog post but that dinner looks awesome! Good job husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what keeps me watching 'new girl' (once in a while) is that I want to imagine it's better than it really is because she's in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a girl crush on her, too :) hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and I'll bake you cookies. Maybe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...