7.01.2011

Shower the People You Love with Love



After the madness that was the bachelorette party last Saturday night, it was time to put on some class for the bridal shower.

I couldn't have thought of a more perfect way to celebrate than with my gals, neighbors, and family in the backyard of one of my best childhood friends. When the planning process began, I told the girls I only had one stipulation: no dumb games. AKA, no wrapping people up in toilet paper wedding dresses. Because does anyone really enjoy that? I was envisioning a laid back affair where people could eat and just chat and enjoy each other's company. And that's exactly what happened. 


I got so many beautiful gifts, including lots of pretty red things to adorn our new kitchen! The weather was perfect (as in, a great hair day!) and it was so fun to have all the important ladies in my life in one place.

The gals and our moms.



The Saylor gals with my future Mother In Law.

One of the coolest things about having childhood friends as your bridesmaids? Re-creating childhood photos like this one:

Can you feel the love?

It was absolutely perfect. And the best thing is we will all be together again in just one week!

Woah. ONE WEEK. Yeah, this is happening. Get ready for a CRAZY week!

-Bren

4 comments:

  1. I loved how you recreated that childhood photo - all 8 of you! Wow - very cool, you're such a lucky girl and the party looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm incredibly lucky--how many people can say they have stayed friends with seven gals for almost 20 years? I can't wait for them to all be standing with me on my big day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great time! I just love the picture of all of you when you were young vs. today. Also, that dress is absolutely gorgeous on you! You look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the photo of you and your girlfriends posing like you did when you were kids. And by now I believe you may be a married lady! I'm sure the big day was absolutely beautiful, and I can't wait to hear details!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and I'll bake you cookies. Maybe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...