7.24.2011

Newlywed Hungry Jack Zucchini Surprise

After a gourmet dinner of Giant Frozen Pizza on our first night in the new pad, I thought my lucky husband deserved something requiring a little more thought after a long day of more endless unpacking.



Wanting to use one of my pretty new casserole dishes, and considering that all we really have in the kitchen are ingredients to make a casserole (eggs...cheese...assorted vegetables...) I found this recipe for a Bisquick Zucchini Bake. Since I had to improvise with a few things, I renamed it to Newlywed Hungry Jack Zucchini Surprise. I think that sounds better anyway.
NEWLYWED HUNGRY JACK ZUCCHINI SURPRISE

4 eggs
2 cups shredded zucchini
1/2 cup oil
1 cup Bisquick
1 onion (chopped)
8 oz cheddar cheese
Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp oregano

Let the fun begin! The zucchini was supposed to be grated, but since we don't have a grater, I just chopped it up really small.

 And then I remembered that I'm a real person now and have a gadget that will do that for me! How swell!

Step two: shredded cheese. Didn't have that one either, but we sure did have some sliced cheddar. So it was back to the cutting board for this one.

Next, the Bisquick. Or your favorite pancake making mix, perhaps the one that was on sale? 

Now just throw it all in a bowl with the eggs, olive oil,  a few shakes of parm, and spices and mix your little heart out with your new wooden spoons...

...and throw it into a pretty teal casserole dish given to you by one of your best friends!

Pop it in the oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes and enjoy the aroma wafting amidst the boxes, plastic, and bubble wrap. Excitedly pull it out as you jump for joy that you didn't burn the place down and it looks pretty damn good.

Enjoy with your hungry husband! Because the next day, maybe he'll make you pancakes.

Today's cooking adventures brought to you by Mrs. B!

**Speaking of cooking, my sister just started a cooking blog so you should check it out! She is fantastic and I kind of miss her a lot.

3 comments:

  1. This was seriously too great. :) Love your little cooking adventures.
    Congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome! Love your recipe title - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really tasty! And I miss you too! There is also a possible college visit in the Virginia area in the future..

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and I'll bake you cookies. Maybe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...