3.10.2011

When in Texas, Do as the Tourists Do


I usually run far away from tourist traps. When I'm traveling, I want to scope out the local spots, the places you don't find in a guide book (Really, guide book? What is that?).

After a day of hotel crazyness, some coworkers have taken me out a couple times to those off-the-map San Antonio favorite spots, but when I'm flyin' solo in the evening, I haven't strayed too far from the tourist-ridden River Walk. So when I ventured to the Goodwill that I spotted on the car ride to Mi Tierra, I found out why I haven't wandered too far away. The rest of San Antonio is kind of scary. And Goodwill didn't have any thrifty delights. Lo siento.


So back to Bren the Tourist it was. I decided to pay 9 bucks and go on a River Boat ride.


And then pay 4 bucks for a scoop of Justin's homemade ice cream.


It's been a fantastic week, but I think I will soon be ready to be back in the arms of my fabulous fiance. Just as long as he can make the PA rain and cold go away by Saturday.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll bake you cookies. Maybe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...