3.14.2011

Adios, San Antonio


Now that I have officially survived my first solo trip, navigated busy airports by myself, and spent a week in a completely new (and WARM) state, I can truly say one thing....it was incredibly rejuvenating.



Weird, right? I was there to work. I was there to be professional and learn how HR in a hotel works and make contacts that might help me out in my career one day--and I did all of that. I was hesitant to make the journey by myself, to spend my spring break being an intern and not relaxing in front of the TV with my man.

But after spending a week as not only an employee but a guest of the Westin Riverwalk hotel, I can say that the folks I met there during the day were some of the kindest people I have ever met in my life. It was refreshing to see employees of a hotel treat each other just as nice as they treat their guests. At night when I walked around the town, I found that the small-town hospitality extended to just about everyone in San Antonio.


People were shocked when I told them that at Penn State, you can pass people on the sidewalk without even looking at each other, much less smiling or saying "hello". They were also shocked when I told them I had never touched a chicken fried steak before...but that's another day.

All in all, I escaped the stress (and cold) of this semester for a week, and came back feeling refreshed and ready to take on the last month and a half left of school. It's a good feeling.

And it was an even better feeling to come back to Ian. And to buy our first pieces of furniture!




WIth a mile-long wedding to-do list, a packed planner, and many cups of coffee, I'm ready. Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll bake you cookies. Maybe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...