2.16.2011

Not Quite Wine Country

On Sunday, as a pre-Valentines Day date, Ian and I ventured out to the Mount Nittany Winery for a Wine and Chocolate Pairing event. Only $3 a person to sample six different kinds of wine that were each matched with a different kind of truffle. Could you think of anything more divine?

I tried mostly white wines, with the exception of a blueberry and a raspberry dessert wine, which were both paired with a white chocolate Nittany lion. Yummmmmmmmmmm.


I'm by a no means a wine connoisseur (Hints of vanilla? Full bodied? Smooth finish?) but all I knew was that I had Ian, yummy wine, and lots of chocolate in one room...that was all I needed.

And then....we found an abandoned church!


With a bathroom...?


It was a fantastic Sunday. I thought we weren't going to be able to spend Valentine's Day together, due to our crappy opposite schedules, but because Ian is the bees knees, he surprised me with an evening of Casablanca and French 75's at the Tavern.


I think I'll keep him. :-)

1 comment:

  1. [...] Or when Ian and I went wine and chocolate tasting at a State College winery? [...]

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and I'll bake you cookies. Maybe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...