11.21.2012

Martha Stewart's Fall Vegetable Pizza

In light of Thanksgiving tomorrow, I thought I would share this recipe that I made last week at the height of packing and cleaning our old apartment. It had been sitting on my Pinterest for months, and I had finally gotten all the ingredients so I figured after a week of eating nothing but PB&J and cereal, we deserved a hot meal. Right?

Allow me to first start with the disclaimer. In my experience with anything involving Martha Stewart, I usually think it's going to be easy. She makes things look and sound like a simple process, when really they are time consuming and for only the most advanced of crafters. For example, one summer when I was bored, I bought one of her paper flower kits from K-Mart that looked like a fun summer night project. Well, after one attempt at a rose, I just about threw the whole thing away. So I should have known that when a recipe involved cutting up a butternut squash and rolling out pizza dough (two nearly impossible tasks, in my opinion) I should have maybe saved the meal for a night when I wasn't already stressing out about life. 

But the funny thing was, on this particular night I was soothed by a complicated, multi-step recipe to take my mind off everything else that I needed to be doing. It was almost theraputic. And absolutely DELICIOUS.

But anyway, the recipe. Unfortunately, as my camera was already packed away, this measly Instagram photo is the only evidence I have of my success:


Martha Stewart's Fall Vegetable and Ricotta Pizza
from marthastewart.com

Olive oil
Flour
1 lb frozen pizza dough from the grocery store
8 oz part-skim grated mozzarella cheese
6 cups of Martha Stewart's Roasted Fall Vegetables
  • See, this is where she gets you! You have to prepare this recipe-within-a-recipe first before proceeding with the pizza. You can find the recipe for the vegetables here. It's really pretty simple, just make sure you leave an extra hour or so to do this. Or, better yet, make them ahead of time! 
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1 tbsp fresh or dry rosemary leaves (I used dry.)
Salt and pepper

1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees (after the vegetables are done). Brush a large baking sheet with oil.
2. Roll out dough on a lightly-floured surface and stretch into a large oval (should be about 12 X 16 in.).
3. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella on the dough, followed by the vegetables. Dollop the ricotta on top, and then sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella and rosemary. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt ad pepper.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbling and golden.

5 comments:

  1. yum!! once i am sick of mashed potatoes and stuffing, i will be making this! have a great thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm looks yummy! I love ricotta :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum looks so good! I love making my own pizza :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Imagine eating pizza and not be guilty of the calories because it's made of vegetables! That's pretty awesome! Especially for health conscious people. Though there will be some calories, it won’t be as much as a regular meat based pizza we eat.

    Joseph Carr

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and I'll bake you cookies. Maybe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...