12.29.2010

Escape to a Small Town

Because we weren't escaping town to Chicago yesterday, my sis and I decided to escape town to a slightly closer, more charming, and less exciting destination called Bellefonte.

The sunny skies fooled me into thinking it was warmer than it really was, so all I wore under my jacket was the polka dot shirt from yesterday's post. It wasn't very warm.

It might not be Chicago, but Bellefonte is a cute town about 20 minutes away from Happy Valley, good for a day escape to small town America. Not to mention antique and thrift shops galore.

I went in with a few things in mind that I wanted to find: flower brooches, a birdcage veil, and once again, an antique cake topper. However, as we all know, the number one rule of thrifting is to not be on the lookout for any one thing in particular, and I'm finding that to be especially true when I search for wedding things. When I went antiquing with my dad a few months ago, there were flower brooches EVERYWHERE. I figured I would have no problem finding enough to make one of these:


Yesterday? Nothing of the sort! Guess we'll just have to keep searching.

But! As we turned to go up the rickety stairs of the never-ending antique mall, I saw this leaning against the railing:


Two bucks!

Keeping an open mind for the decor has led to all kinds of fun ideas that I never would have thought! Things are just in the beginning stage now, but I can't wait until things start coming together.

All that dust in the air sure worked up an appetite, so Em and I headed over to Cool Beans Cafe where I had a delicious hummus and veggie wrap, probably the most healthy thing I've consumed in the past month. But then, my after-lunch treat cancelled out all nutrition that I had probably gained from that veggie-licious creation...


Oh well.

All in all, yesterday was another great thing to lift me out of the post-Christmas funk. Now go drink some coffee and curl up by the fire with a good book. Or Cosmo. Either way.

Bon Appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll bake you cookies. Maybe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...