9.17.2010

See Thru Dresses and Apple Cider

I love fall. I love it I love it I love it I love it! I love the crisp air, the smell of fires, hot apple cider....and of course, fall clothes.

I am big into layering. Even though the change of a season usually means 'time to go shopping', I also find it thrilling to take my favorite summer tops and dresses and throw them on top of each other to create a unique fall look. (It's almost as good as new clothes, right?)

For example, take an adorable spring dress that was so thriftily scored for 5 bucks at Goodwill--
--that I though was so fab until I wore it to church for Easter, and was told by my mother that it was completely see-thru. How sad. So it hung in my closet all summer (because really, who wants to wear a slip?) until I resurrected it today, when it's 25 degrees cooler and no sun to be seen.


I made it cozy with some black leggings, black boots, a bright red sweater, and a fun belt (also a Goodwill find!). No more peek-a-boo!

Because I've been so good with my money lately, I popped into Rag and Bone, our one and only vintage boutique around here, just to take a look, and I left with this:



I found the bag in the sale bin for only $5, and since they have a $10 minimum for credit cards, I was forced into buying some earrings too. Shame.

Have a fabulous fall weekend everyone! Drink some apple cider. Or an apple cider margarita. (I've been craving one all week.)

-Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll bake you cookies. Maybe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...