6.17.2011

Old Books and Old Games with my (not so!) Old Man

What do you get when you mix a refurbished vintage theatre, comfy chairs and sofas, and the aroma of coffee and old books?



Yesterday, my dad and I went on a little adventure to Harrisburg to check out the Midtown Scholar, PA's largest used bookstore. This place was SO. COOL. Three floors of fascinating books from all generations to explore, and coffee from the old fashioned coffee shop downstairs in hand, I could have spent all afternoon there. 









I didn't take many photos inside, but I found this awesome blog on roadside wonders that did a feature on the book store. Check it out for more photos and information!

Next, on the way back to the car, we did a quick walk through of the Broad Street Market through rows of bakeries, fried food, produce, and flowers. 





After a delicious lunch at Romano's Macaroni Grill, it was time for the last stop: Old Sled Works Antique and Craft Market. You know how giddy I get about looking through junk? Imagine that times ten when I discovered the OLD FASHIONED ARCADE that was nestled into this awesome market. 





Naturally, we were like kids in a candy store. Or a soda fountain. Did I mention there was a soda fountain? Unfortunately, it was closed yesterday.







I had to brush up on my skee-ball skillz....



And Dad found a favorite game from his childhood.




And then I accidently watched an old fashioned peep show...



It was a fantastic day. Some fathers and daughters go to baseball games, and some don't do anything together. I have my dad to thank for my fascination with antiques and old things.  It might not take much to entertain us, but it's the simple things like this that have created such great memories. Love you Dad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll bake you cookies. Maybe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...